Re: URGENT - v5.0.0 amd64 (stable): Broadcom 4321AG Wi-Fi adapter not detected

John Wesley Cooper wrote:
> As of this moment, I am now thoroughly annoyed, as when I execute the
> following as root:
>
> 	EXCALIBUR:/home/DRIVER# apt-get install ndiswrapper-utils-1.9
> ndiswrapper-common
>
> This is the result:
>
> 	Reading package lists... Done
> 	Building dependency tree
> 	Reading state information... Done
> 	E: Couldn't find package ndiswrapper-utils-1.9

That usually means that your index files (Packages.gz) are out of
date.  You should update them before using them.

  apt-get update

Update first and then search for the package.  For Lenny the
ndiswrapper-utils-1.9 is definitely present.  If you don't find it
immediately use the following to look to see why.

  apt-cache policy ndiswrapper-utils-1.9

You should see something like:

     1.53-2 0
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org lenny/main Packages

> I tried to find these files in Aptitude, but they were not listed, and then
> the command
>
> 	dpkg -S ndiswrapper
>
> Which I discovered was the CORRECT format, indicated that no packages by
> this name were installed on my computer.

The dpkg -S searches for packages that contain that filename.  You
don't have that file installed on your system and therefore won't have
any packages installed that would contain it.  If you want to look to
see if any packages by that name are install then you would want to
use the -l option.

One of:

  dpkg -l | grep ndiswrapper
  dpkg -l '*ndiswrapper*'