Re: NOT wake on lid switch?

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 04:29:32PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> the lid switch is activated? The laptop in question is a Dell Inspiron
> E1505 / 6400.

did it have MS-W preinstalled? still there & bootable on a partition?

> found the machine idling with no airflow in my bag several times
> already.

if yes to above point, does this happens in MS-W as well? perhaps the
full knobs to wakeup and such are in a MS-W -only util - if not from BIOS,
there should be a user control to (un)set wakeup events.
There are specific acpi kernel modules for Dell and a handful other vendors
to tweak this stuff from Linux, try and see if you get success in loading
such module and if something new appears in /proc/acpi (or /sys if the
/proc interface is disabled in your kernel).

HTH
--
paolo