Re: NOT wake on lid switch?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:

How can I configure a Debian-based distro (Kubuntu) not to wake when
the lid switch is activated? The laptop in question is a Dell Inspiron
E1505 / 6400.

The wonderful engineers at Dell used a plastic so thin that when
pressure is placed on the lid when closed, it trips the switch. I have
found the machine idling with no airflow in my bag several times
already.

Thanks in advance.

if i understand your question correct, none of the answers given, will
help you, because you want to _disable_ the wakeup and not edit the
events _after_ wakeup.

on my systems there is in the proc directory a file called:
   /proc/acpi/wakeup
which shows which devices will wakeup the laptop is suspend.

and i don't have much documentation .. but for my thinkpad there is this
article which should work on every laptop with sane acpi.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Talk:How_to_make_ACPI_work#Auto-wake_on_lid_open_-_how_to_STOP.3F

---------------- cut ----------------
There is a /proc/acpi/wakeup file here. (t42p). Currently shows: Device Sleep state Status
cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
 LID       3            * enabled
SLPB       3            * enabled
PCI0       3            disabled
UART       3            disabled
PCI1       4            disabled
USB0       3            disabled
USB1       3            disabled
AC9M       4            disabled

and ..
echo " LID" > /proc/acpi/wakeup
should disable the LID from waking up

but on the site are some comments.. so reading is reommended.

--
Florian Reitmeir