Re: NOT wake on lid switch?

2008/8/18 Bhasker C V <bhasker@unixindia.com>:
> Hi,
>
>  IMHO tweaking the hardware for a solution which can be achieved
>  by software would not be a good idea.
>
>  The script /etc/acpi/lid.sh does 2 tasks
>  a) to send the system to suspend when the lid is closed
>  b) to get the system back to normal when the lid is opened.
>
>  In case you want to disable the lid action then just comment the line
>
>  action=/etc/acpi/lid.sh
> in the /etc/acpi/events/lidbtn script
>
> (comment by adding an # in the start of that line as like below)
>  # action=/etc/acpi/lid.sh
>

> that will disable the lid switch activity all-together.

Thank you Bhasker. Commenting out the line in question did in fact
prevent the laptop from going into standby when I _close_ the lid.
However, the machine still wakes from standby when I _open_ the lid.
So this is not a solution to my problem.

I looked in the BIOS thinking that there may be an ACPI disable option
there, but there is none.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com