[solved] Re: in which package debian is ffmpeg-dev ?

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:45:54PM +0100, Gerard Robin wrote:
From: Gerard Robin <g.robin3@free.fr>
To: debian-laptop <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: in which package debian is ffmpeg-dev ?
	LDO_WHITELIST autolearn=failed version=3.2.3
MTA: Postfix Version: 2.5.5-1.1
EDITOR: vim or gvim

From: Alexandre Rossi <alexandre.rossi@gmail.com>
To: debian-laptop <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>

checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
configure: error: ffmpeg-devel is required to build LiveCam

My problem is that the package ffmpeg-dev doesn't exist in debian.
I would like to know What package debian contains ffmpeg-dev.

Because it is splitted in Debian.

Try libavcodec-dev.

You can get a list of the -dev packages built from the ffmpeg library
at the following address:
http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/ffmpeg-debian

You can also use the apt-file tool :
$ apt-file search ffmpeg/avcodec.h
libavcodec-dev: /usr/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h

Ok, I installed libavcodec-dev apt-file search ffmpeg/avcodec.h gives:
libavcodec-dev: /usr/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h
libavcodeccvs-dev: /usr/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h
libmyth-dev: /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/avcodec.h
./configure always failed with the same result I think it's not a
problem caused by debian packages.

Problem solved:
in debian avcodec.h is in /usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h I copied the file avcodec.h in /usr/include/ffmpeg/ and ./configure
worked fine i.e.:
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... yes
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... yes
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... yes

But configure request qt-mt too and I had to install the package libqt3-mt-dev

And make worked fine and finally my webcam works fine ...

--
Gérard