Re: in which package debian is ffmpeg-dev ?

> checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
> checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
> checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
> configure: error: ffmpeg-devel is required to build LiveCam
>
> My problem is that the package ffmpeg-dev doesn't exist in debian.
> I would like to know What package debian contains ffmpeg-dev.

Because it is splitted in Debian.

Try libavcodec-dev.

You can get a list of the -dev packages built from the ffmpeg library
at the following address:
http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/ffmpeg-debian

You can also use the apt-file tool :
$ apt-file search ffmpeg/avcodec.h
libavcodec-dev: /usr/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h

Alex