Re: lenny: get battery icon in icewm?

On Thursday 24 July 2008 14:08, Anatoly A. Kazantsev wrote:

> > > Battery status has gone than 2.6.25 linux kernel came to lenny.
> > > I think because of some old deprecated interface for acpi which exports
> > > info throw /proc or /sys (I forget which one). Maybe that's not true
> > > :-)
> >
> > Probably so. The new one is HAL.
>
> I'm talking about kernel interface, not about _yet_another_ abstraction
> layer.

Found this information:

"closing.
2.6.24 already had the /sys/class/power_supply support,
but we let some time for userspace to pick up."

The acpi utility also outputs correct information. I'll try to find
documentation and do a patch for icewm, or failing that file a bug against
the package.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik