Re: lenny: get battery icon in icewm?

On Thursday 24 July 2008 12:49, Anatoly A. Kazantsev wrote:

> Hm, do you think that "CPU frequency, policies, suspend, hibernate" and
> other things needs yet another gui tool to configure. You are mistaken ;-)

Then I'd like documentataion on how to do all of these from the command line.

> Battery status has gone than 2.6.25 linux kernel came to lenny.
> I think because of some old deprecated interface for acpi which exports
> info throw /proc or /sys (I forget which one). Maybe that's not true :-)

Probably so. The new one is HAL.

Is there a fd.org compliant icon for HAL battery that would not be a part of
some KDE or Gnome monster? If not, I'd like to have the docs for this HAL
interface and a Python example of a fd.org compliant notification icon (I
don't care which toolkit it uses, pyqt or pygtk or whatever as long as it's
in lenny). I would then write the thing.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik