Re: lenny: get battery icon in icewm?

On Thursday 24 July 2008 10:26, Pedro Martínez Juliá wrote:

> > Ideally I would want guidance-power-manager's features (CPU frequency
> > policies, suspend, hibernate), just with a normal startup. But a mere
> > battery icon will also do.
>
> Did you tried gnome-power-manager? I think that if IceWM has a "tray" it
> could work for you.

I did try starting gnome-power-manager in icewm. However, it did not show a
tray icon (and also sometimes prevented icewm from shutting down properly).

I'll probably give xfce a try as well. It seems to have a strong community and
a set of "native" extensions, while also being fast, but I'm not sure I'll
like the feel.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik