Re: can't boot on usb stick

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 06:40:10PM +0200, Gerard Robin wrote:
From: Gerard Robin <g.robin3@free.fr>
To: debian-laptop <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Subject: can't boot on usb stick

I use Debian Sid on a laptop acer aspire 5102 wlmi.
During one year I can boot on my pendrive but now, suddenly when I plug
my pendrive in the laptop it boots always on the hard drive instead to
boot on the pendrive.

In have set the bios like that:
 -1- USB FDD
 -2- CDROM driver
 -3- hard drive

Sorry, I made a mistake:
to boot on the pendrive I have to set the BIOS like this:
 -1- USB HDD ;; instead of USB FDD
 and now it's ok.
 The problem is that from time to time the BIOS is set automatically to
 boot on the hard drive of the laptop in first position. I don't now why?
 And the last time when I wanted to boot on the pendrive I had to set
 the BIOS and I confused between USB HDD and USB FDD.
However ACER are insincere (acer rhyms with insincere) when they told me that they can't help me because I am using linux.
 The problem has nothing to do with linux.

--
Gérard