Re: Setting up HP Pavilion DV 6458

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 04:13:19AM -0600, JD. Brown wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> wrote:

> You appear to be doing Ndiswrapper right. Make sure you uninstall the
> BCM43xx and the B43 driver from your repo completely, I would go as
> far as manually deleting the drivers from /lib/firmware (If any
> drivers exist?) to take care of any possible conflicts.

I removed /lib/firmware/*

> Also blacklist both BCM43xx and B43, because this is what I had to do,
> to get my friends laptop going without it sending his wifi card to
> sleep while trying to use ndiswrapper.

They were already blacklisted.

No dice.

> This card is being worked over at:
>
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#unsupported
>
> For the new future B43 driver. It may take time due to Broadcoms
> lovely willingness to help...... LOL!!!! Anyway, report back and let
> us know.

Do you supposed the b43 developers need a beta tester?

The frustrating thing is, I could buy a USB WiFi device for $20 and it would
work.  I'm refusing out of what amounts to sheer stubbornness.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!