Re: i need to connect toshibaL40-170 laptop to iburst usb modem &debian livecd and sonyv800 connection

On Sunday 11 May 2008 18:03, darren.naidoo@webmail.co.za wrote:
> any ideas guys.
>
> iburst desktop modem model:UTD1780D-ZA-C
>
> I WANT TO CONNECT USING DEB4.0R3. I AM NOT LINUX LITERATE SO SIMPLE AS
> POSSIBLE EXPLANATION GUYS. i plug in the modem and it does not pick up
> automatically. currently using it via ppoes ethernet but i want to connect
> usb. tried wine and loaded windows drivers that came on the cd, it does
> not work. the programs dont pop up when i go under wine programs.
>
> i also need to know how to make a debian dvd with all programs on it
> becuase i hate the manual. i want to make a debian live cd
>
> also want to connect my sonyericsson v800 to my latop for internet via
> usb. i tried to install windows drivers that came on the datasuite. does
> not pick up. tried using ndsiwrapper. this does not work.
>
> thanks
> darren

Darren,

iBurst
------
Firstly I find it best to use pppoe and the ethernet port, but there is a
usb/pcmcia driver[1] available (I use it on my notebook, pcmcia)

You will need to have your kernel headers installed along with
build-essential, then basically just extract the archive and run "make &&
sudo make install"

Live DVD
--------
Check out the Debian live project [2] or Debian wiki [3]

Sony Ericsson
-------------
Not sure about the v800, I had a w810i, and whenever I connected my phone it
would ask if I wanted phone mode or transfer mode.

I would choose phone mode, and then get two serial
ports /dev/ttyACM0, /deb/ttyACM1 and I know you use one of these to get dial
up. Never tried, but google is your friend.

Hope this helps.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/ibdriver
[2] http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/
[3] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/