RE: Setting up HP Pavilion DV 6458

Hi !

> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:02:09 -0400
> From: carlf@panix.com
> Subject: Setting up HP Pavilion DV 6458
>
> I'm attempting to get Debian Testing up and running on my Pavilion DV6100
> (DV6458). The installation was pretty easy, but there are two things that
> aren't working.

i've a pavilion DV6270EU, i hope i can help you ;-)

> One, I can't get the kernel to recognize my Broadcom BCM4328 WiFi chipset,
> even though it's theoretically supported. Nor can I get ndiswrapper to work
> with the Windows driver.

i've linked on linuxonlaptop my installation [1] but it's in italian...
i've tried to use the kernel module bcm43xx on my vanilla 2.6.24.4 kernel but it won't work...
if "lspci" tells you about this hardware
03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card (rev 01)
you can use wifi with ndiswrapper and this [2] windows driver...
you've to execute these commands, briefly:
# m-a prepare
# m-a a-i ndiswrapper
# depmod -a
# modprobe ndiswrapper
# unzip -a /path/to/downloaded/R151517.EXE
# cd /path/to/downloaded/ && cd to the created directory form extraction and in subdirectory DRIVER
# ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf

done!

> Two, I use my RIM BlackBerry Curve as a tethered modem. I hear there's
> support for this in Linux these days. This one, I confess, I haven't even
> researched, but if anyone just happens to have a pointer to a HOWTO it would
> be appreciated.

for this problem i can't help you.

> Thank you.

of nothing.

[1] http://www.freemodding.it/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=89058#forumpost89058
[2] http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R151517.EXE

Windows Live Mobile Da oggi la posta di Hotmail la controlli anche dal tuo cellulare!