RE: ThinkPad CPU 53-60°C

I added the "options" line to /etc/modprobe.conf but was getting error messages at boot (thinkpad-acpi module doesn't exist) and found that, after booting, networking (both wired and wireless) was broken and I could no longer mount my fat32 external HD.

I've been forced to reinstall Etch. Unless I can come across very clear & precise step-by-step instructions for running & configuring the thinkpad-acpi module and installing & configuring the tp-fancontrol script I will have to forgo any further tinkering so as to avoid breaking my system again.