Re: Sound Not working on T61

Cyril Jaquier wrote:
Jos Collin wrote:
Yes. That's correct. The speaker was muted in alsamixer. Now sound is working perfectly. Thank you very much for the help.

Always the same good old issue :D Don't worry you're not alone ;)

Yeah, thus my comment that the ALSA devs need to get off this trip that the defaults should be S/PDIF and all the wrong stuff is muted by default.

That's just dumb, and alienates new users.

We all know the ALSA devs are demi-gods who have all of these digital audio toys, but the rest of the world plugs in a $10 pair of speakers and expects them to work.

The ALSA folks need to be whacked over the head with a rolled up copy of a 1,000,000 word essay entitled, "The principal of least surprise" used as a cluestick.

Linux audio (in general) needs a reasonably sane set of mixer defaults.

Nate

(GRIN)