Re: Sound Not working on T61

1. I'm using aumix. I will check the gnome mixer too.
2. If I press the volume mute/up/down buttons it is displaying a speaker image with volume progress bar - 0%. I don't understand why the progress bar is not increasing the percentage of volume.
3. I did alsaconf a lot of times. It says "sound is configured. Have Fun". But no sound. :-)
After installing kernel 2.6.23 / installing alsa-source,  there is no sound even when the tab key is pressed on the console.

On 1/28/08, Franklin PIAT <fpiat@bigfoot.com> wrote:
On Mon, January 28, 2008 07:39, Jos Collin wrote:
> I have checked the mixer (aumix). Nothing is muted. All are high.
> I have installed kernel 2.6.23 too. But nothing works. No sound is coming
> out of the laptop.
Ok, so if 2.6.23 isn't working, it's almost certainly  a kind of mixer
problem.

1. There isn't just the regular "mute" option : In Gnome mixer, there's a
"Switch" tab, make sure "Speaker" is enabled there too. (alsamixer has
similar option, I don't remember where).
3. Make sure you press the volume button "up" a few times (the one near
near thinkvantage button).
3. Go to the console (press Ctrl-Alt-F1), login as root, and run alsaconf.
(press Alt-F7 or Alt-F8) to return to Xwindow.

Regards,

Franklin