Re: issues with HP dv5000 laptop

cga2000 wrote:
On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 02:25:38PM EST, Florian Kulzer wrote:

[..]

I do realize that the above is likely offered more as a workaround than
a solution, but ..
<snipped>

After several installs and attempts to correct this issue I have finally installed "stable" and upgraded everything BUT "x" related fonts/servers/etc to "testing". Currently everything is working like it should graphically, but this is an awful way to get around this problem.

I have placed a screenshot on my site that shows this:

http://prestonboyington.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/badxonhplaptopscreenshot.png

(the screenshot is of an Ubuntu screen, but Debian does the same)

Also, how can I tell what modules are being used for the internal wireless. The Ubuntu disk I used properly configured the wireless PCMCIA card and the internal wireless so I want to see what it used. Debian will eventually show you that there are wireless networks available (using the PCMCIA card), but you can't connect to any of them. Given that stable and testing both enabled the card during the install, I find it strange that it doesn't work after reboot. I figure its just a module that I haven't loaded.

Thanks everyone.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/