Re: Thinkpad Z60T suspend to ram

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 10:54:12 -0800, 8rino wrote:

> [...]
> >I think the mistake is in this line:
> >                 [ -f $cfgs ] || continue
> >It should have "$cfg" instead of "$cfgs":
> >                 [ -f $cfg ] || continue
> Removing the "s" from that line seems to work, since I do no longer get the
> message
> /usr/lib/pm-utils/functions: line 28: [: /etc/pm/config.d/config: binary
> operator expected
> Also, after the resume I do no longer get the pop-up telling that there's
> something going wrong
> The pop-up is the one linking to
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/
>
> Moreover now ./quirk.checker responds
>                                       Suspend should work!
> but actually it does not.
>
> On either
> a) pressing Fn+moon
> or
> b) on executing pm-suspend from the console 1 (Ctrl-Alt F1) as root
> the system attempts to suspend, but it resumes immediately after.
>
> After this I get these lines in /var/log/pm-suspend.log

[...]

> gio gen 10 19:10:22 CET 2008: done running suspend hooks.
> Machine is unknown.
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "IBM"
>     sys_product  = "2511EJG"
>     sys_version  = "ThinkPad Z60t"
>     bios_version = "77ET60WW (1.20 )"
> See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.
>
> If you report a problem, please include the complete output above.
> gio gen 10 19:10:23 CET 2008: running resume hooks.

[...]

> So it seems that the problem now has shifted to s2ram.
> I've been reading http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram many times, but I cannot
> figure out which could be the solution.
>
> I've tried the following
> a) from root in the 1st console: s2ram -f -a 3
>    OK. It suspends.
>    Pressing the Fn button it resumes back, with no errors, albeit the light
> of the screen on resuming remain off
>    and I have to press Ctrl-Alt-F7 to have the lights on back.
>    Other options to s2ram seems not to work, since they are reporting
> errors.
>
> b) I've added "2511EJG" in
>    /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/20-video-quirk-pm-ibm.fdi
>    but nothing changes.
>
> Any further idea ?

I would try to edit the file /usr/lib/pm-utils/defaults. It has this
line:

# S2RAM_OPTS=""

I would change that to

S2RAM_OPTS="-f -a 3"

and try again. (It is important that you remove the "#" at the beginning
of the line, otherwise it remains commented out.)

> PS
> Should I report the error "cfgs for cfg" in /usr/lib/pm-utils/functions ?
> Where ?  At http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/,  possibly ?

You can report it on the Debian bugs tracking system. The maintainer of
the pm-utils package will forward the information to the upstream author
if necessary. However, you should first make sure that this is really a
new bug:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=pm-utils

          Florian   |