NetworkManager not automatically connecting to network...

So, I recently changed from ifplugd/wpa_supplicant to using NetworkManager.

I commented out everything except the "lo" interface in /etc/network/interfaces, and I disabled autoloading of ifplugd by renaming /etc/init.d/ifplugd to "ifplugd.off" and did the same for wpa_supplicant.

Now, in KDE, using knetworkmanager, I can click on the icon in the kicker and manually connect to wireless AP's (it even remembers my WPA key from last time), but it doesn't just automatically connect like its supposed to. I always have to connect manually with mouse clicks.

Anybody have any ideas?

- Joe