Re: NetworkManager not automatically connecting to network...

Joe Emenaker wrote:
> Now, in KDE, using knetworkmanager, I can click on the icon in the
> kicker and manually connect to wireless AP's (it even remembers my WPA
> key from last time), but it doesn't just automatically connect like its
> supposed to. I always have to connect manually with mouse clicks.

That is the way it behaves for me 90% of the time in Gnome too.
Sometimes it works as advertised (keeping a network connected at all
times).  But most of the time I have to manually select the access
point.  I don't know why.  I think it is a bug and it is on my very
long list of things to debug when I have time.

NM also seems to get very confused when changing access points.  If I
hibernate and then wake it up near a different access point that
almost never works automatically and I normally need to manually
select the AP.  Humorously it sometimes connects to the new AP but
thinks that it failed and after having brought up the interface
briefly it will bring the interface down and say that it failed.  I
don't know why.  But it always works after I manually select the
desired AP.

Sorry that I have no suggestions.  All that I can say is that I am
seeing the same behavior.

Bob