Re: HP M820 CD-writer.

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 09:22:15PM EDT, Rob Sims wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 09:30:30AM -0400, cga2000 wrote:

> > Does anyone know if I can get this appliance to work with etch +
> > linux 2.6.20?
>
> I don't see why not.  Do you have the drive?  Just try it.

That's basically what I have been doing for the last couple of weeks.

:-(

> If you don't have the drive, I can dig mine up and try it.

> I had this going many years ago.  I used an Adaptec SCSI card;

Would this card be called slim SCSI or something?  The card I have is
the one that came with the appliance, it's branded HP and cardctl ident
sees it as a "KME" card.

> I remember the included card being an oddball at the time.  I no
> longer have the oddball card, and I'm not sure I ever wrote from
> Linux.

Mainly posted this because I'm just about ready to give up on this one.
Just figured I'd check whether anyone has it working before I dump it.
Not sure I want to waste money on an adaptec card if I can't get it to
work either.  Maybe I'll get one from COMPUSA .. they used to have a
good return policy.

Thanks,
cga