Re: power management problems

> While I'm using 2.6.22 with HI-RES Timers, I hardly get around 5-10 minutes
> of power when running on battery. Where as Windows makes it run for 1.5 hrs
> approx.

Such an enormous difference cannot be the consequence of some sub-optimal
power management.  It's clearly a sign of a bug somewhere between ACPI,
BIOS, Linux, and your kpowersave daemon.

Check /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/{state,info} at various point in time to see
how much power is left in your battery, how much is being consumed etc...

        Stefan