Installation on a Toshiba A200 1BP Laptop ...

Hi, I have bought this notebook about a week ago and it has vista home premium pre-installed. I am planning on installing debian testing on it as well. I have read in various articles and posts that there are many issues regarding hibernation and other power saving issues with almost all the distros out there. I will really appreciate if anyone may have suggestions regarding notebook installations, tips and troubleshooting that could be of value.

Below are the specs of my Toshiba notebook:
CPU: Core2 Duo T722 2GZ
RAM: 2GB
Disk: 160GB
Video Card: Nvidia Gforce 7300 (256mb dedicated)
An unknown webcam
An integrated wireless and wired ethernet cards
A modem Thank you...