Re: Wireless network adapter: ndiswrapper loaded, but cannot connect to network

On Fri, 4 May 2007 09:56:33 -0400
"Denis Papathanasiou" <denis.papathanasiou@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Forgive some simple questions, but your message lacks some info. Is
> > there an AP within range? If so, does it use encryption (WEP / WPA[2])?
> > Can you reach the AP using any other system / OS? From the same
>
> Yes, there are two access points nearby (one is WEP-protected, the
> other is not).
>
> The laptop is a dual-boot Debian/Windows, and when I run Windows with
> the same card, it can see and connect to both access points, both
> using the WEP key (for the protected one) and not, for the unprotected
> one.
>
> > location as your linux box? What chipset is the card? What drivers is
> > ndiswrapper using?
>
> I'm not sure about the chipset; neither the Linksys product page nor
> the data sheet specified it:
> http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1115416827032&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

You can find the chipset by doing 'lspci', and looking for the line
that corresponds to your pcmcia card.

What happens when you do 'dhclient eth0'?
You can also check dmesg and syslog for any errors or warnings from
ndiswrapper.

BTW, please reply to the list, not to me.

Celejar