Re: help with my wireless card, please

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 02:56:10AM +0000, javier melendez wrote:

> > I have a laptop averatec 2700. I installed the rt2500 module and when i restart my laptop, the laptop work very slowly.  So i type ifconfig ra0 down and my pc back to work well. I installed this driver with my old debian (sarge kernel 2.4) and all very good but in my new linux etch i have this problem.
> >
> > any that help me
> >
> > please don't tell me that install ndiswrapper.
>
> I have saw that if i run my linux in mode single user my pc work well.  why this?
> the wireless card work well when i run my linux en single user and it only work in terminal mode or console. In the moment that me pass to graphic mode (kde) my pc work slowly.  whyyyyyyyy?

I have an Averatec 3250, which has a Via Unichrome card.  The default
behavior of xorg is to use the "via" driver.  If your xorg.conf file has
a "Device" section which says

Driver "via"

then try adding a line

     Option "DisableIRQ"

before the end of that Device section and see if that helps.

On my machine the wired ethernet stops working under X without that
option.  I remember reports that the wireless ethernet also had
this problem on some Averatecs.

Selim T. Erdoğan