acpi / suspend

Hi all,

I have upgraded recently to kernel 2.6.20.4 from 2.6.15.7 and now I have
wired behaviour with the screen and acpi stuff. First of all suspend my
laptop (Thinkpad T30) crashes usually after suspending for the second
time. Second my display light goes into saving mode whenever I log in
and whenever I watch a movie with whatever program. I reinstalled and
deinstalled acpi packages but the display-shading continues. No problem
with the kernel 2.6.15.7.

Does someone have similar problems? Any suggestions and hints?

Thanks in advance,

Erik