Re: file recovery - urgent

thanks to all,

I'll see if i can find magicrescue on knoppix 5.1 dvd
which i'm downloading right now (this will need
until tomorrow it seems, low bandwidth since the
router is heavily loaded by others' filesharing)
or maybe i'll find a suitable recovery cd, i'll start
googling soon.

I still hope to find a tool which can recover a
complete folder hierarchy, but honestly, i doubt it...

Micha

ps. and i've got an external USB2.0 smart drive, 120G,
which i can plug into the lap, and a working NFS server
on my PC,  a backup is no problem at all.
Hmpf... what a statement, right now :|