[fwd] Re: sound card problem (no /proc/asound/sndstat)

  ----- Forwarded message from Long Li (longlill at yahoo dot com) -----

> Subject: Re: sound card problem (no /proc/asound/sndstat)
> Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 07:07:52 -0800 (PST)
> >
> > I do not use Gnome, therefore I don't know anything
> > about gnome-specific
> > problems. "speaker-test" is nice because it is
> > independent of things
> > that can go wrong with higher-level desktop
> > functions. Maybe it is
> > better to run "speaker-test -t sine" which should
> > give you a long "beep"
> > sound. If you do not hear anything then you have to
> > try to unmute more
> > channels. Also note that in some cases it is
> > necessary to mute the
> > headphones channel in order to get sound from the
> > normal speaker output.
> >

> I tried many mute and unmute combinations, such as
> only "Master", "Master M" and "PCM" unmuted,
> "headphone" muted/unmuted, and so on.  All of them
> have no sound when I run the command "speaker-test -t
> sine".  Any other configuration files I need to check?

  ----- End forwarded message -----

I am afraid that I am now at my wit's end. Judging from all the data
that you posted earlier, it seems to me that your sound system is
configured properly. If all the channels are unmuted and the volume is
turned up fully for every one of them then I really do not know why it
does not work.

Maybe somebody else has a solution for this.

--
Regards,
          Florian