Re: Ejecting Ultrabay DVD-CD drive freezes Thinkpad

Hi,

there is a project call tp_smapi which solvs this problem in a better more
stable way.

Your problem is, the IDE interface which isn't hotplug able be default.. so
its like you cut the power of an harddisc which will also "crash" the kernel.

and .. there is thinkwiki a nice site which has many additional information..
and howtos.

--
Florian Reitmeir