slow mouse cursor

I just did a fresh etch install on a sony vaio pcg-r505 laptop.  I have
had debian installed on this before, but it has been a while.  I am
having a bit of a problem with the mouse cursor being really slow.  I
have changed the acceleration in gnome, but with no effect.  I have also
tried logging into twm, but the problem persists.  This would lead me to
believe that the problem is in x and not wm dependent.

It also occurs to me that this might be a hardware problem.  I don't
think so, as this is the only problem it is showing, but I guess it is
possible.

Is there a setting in the mouse configuration in xorg.conf that I am
missing?

Thanks for your help,
rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.
		-- Carl Sandburg