Re: slow mouse cursor

On 1/31/07, Robert D. Crawford <rdc1x@comcast.net> wrote:
I just did a fresh etch install on a sony vaio pcg-r505 laptop.  I have
had debian installed on this before, but it has been a while.  I am
having a bit of a problem with the mouse cursor being really slow.  I
have changed the acceleration in gnome, but with no effect.  I have also
tried logging into twm, but the problem persists.  This would lead me to
believe that the problem is in x and not wm dependent.

It also occurs to me that this might be a hardware problem.  I don't
think so, as this is the only problem it is showing, but I guess it is
possible.

Is there a setting in the mouse configuration in xorg.conf that I am
missing?

<snip>
add this to your xorg.conf in lieu of whatever config you currently
have for synaptics.

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
Driver          "synaptics"
Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "on"
Option          "SHMConfig"             "on"
Option          "LeftEdge"      "85"
Option          "RightEdge"     "1010"
Option          "TopEdge"       "85"
Option          "BottomEdge"    "730"
Option          "FingerLow"     "25"
Option          "FingerHigh"    "30"
Option          "MaxTapTime"    "180"
Option          "MaxTapMove"    "220"
Option          "VertScrollDelta"       "100"
Option          "MinSpeed"      "0.10"
Option          "MaxSpeed"      "0.60"
Option          "AccelFactor"   "0.2"
Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
EndSection

--
-Cisco

GIT - Guru-In-Training