Re: 3d Acceleration, Resolution etc

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 06:15:25AM -0800, rangalo wrote:
> 2. I still have a very low resolution, although the graphics card is
> detected propely. I can go upto 1680 x 1250 resolution, but I can
> only get 1024 x 768. I have ati mobility x300 graphic card with
> 128mb memory.
>
> Any suggestions ?

Try adding that resolution explicitly in your xorg.conf,
something like:

    Section "Screen"
      Identifier "Screen"
      Device "Video"
      Monitor "Monitor"
      DefaultDepth 24
      SubSection "Display"
	Depth 24
	Modes "1680x1250"
      EndSubSection
    EndSection

If the driver doesn't understand that resolution, you may also have to
specify an explicit ModeLine for it (try Google).  HTH.