Re: Thinkpad (was: What laptop should I buy for running Debian?)

Hi

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:30:49 -0800
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 09:58:07AM +0100, stevendemetrius wrote:
> >
> > Have a look at this web site.
> >
> > http://tuxmobil.org/mylaptops.html
> >
> > I recommend IBM Thinpad with Etch.
>
> Anyone bought one of these lately?  I need to replace my old Toshiba I
> use for home/travel and I'm looking at the T60 wide screen.
I've got no experience with T-Series. I just got a R60 and it works like
a charm until now. Haven't fiddled with the fingerprint reader yet, but
it should work.

You should check out http://www.thinkwiki.org - it's a really valuable
ressource for Linux in combination with thinkpads. If you have further
questions about the R60 (don't know, whether this is an alternative for
you), feel free to mail me.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Alexander

--