What laptop should I buy for running Debian?

Hello *,

Yes, I know this is a very common question, but knowing that laptops
are changing  all the time, I'd like knowing what laptop would you
prefer for running Debian, I mean, what do you suggest? what have been
your experiences? what shouldn't I buy?.

I want to buy a laptop in a range of price between 1000 $ and 1400 $.
I was searching on the net and I found a Toshiba Satellite(r) Notebook
Family:  A100/A105 Series. [0]

Actually I'd prefer buying an IBM  Thinkpad but I've read that Lenovo
doesn't have a good technical support and it's difficult to me this
part because I live in South America, so if they don't care too much
about people who live in USA and Europe what should I expect if I live
in South America :S. At least I can found toshiba and dell parts and
technical support too easy in my country. ( I don't like dell too
much, I had one and it wasn't a good experience for me)

I hope all of you can help me and thanks for reading,

Note: I'll buy the laptop on the Internet.

[0] http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cmod.to?coid=-30599&seg=HHO
--
Muammar El Khatib.
Linux user: 403107.