Re: Dynamically mount shares

Op zo, 10-12-2006 te 10:51 -0500, schreef Tzafrir Cohen:
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 04:19:16PM +0100, Koen Vermeer wrote:
> > First of all, I cannot use NFS (except maybe for NFSv4), because the
> > user/group IDs on my laptop do not match those on my server.
> see the section regarding mapping in exports(5) .

I already did that and I just did it again. It says that the same
uid/gids may not always be present. It does not, as far as I can tell,
give a solution. The options are to convert root to a specified uid, or
to convert all users to a specified uid. I cannot convert uid 1002 to
uid 1000, and uid 1001 to uid 1004.

> > Now, I'm having trouble understanding how to set this up. I need to use
> > some credentials to mount the shares, which I can store in my home
> > directory. The problem is that in that case, it only works for one
> > account (mine) on the laptop. Or is there some way to have the
> > automounter look at who's trying to access the directory, and use
> > his/her credentials?
> autofs should be able to do that. You can define custom mount options,
> if you want.

Sure, but how do I define these custom mount options, on a per-user
basis? For user a, it should look in /home/a/.cifscredentials, and for
user b, it should look in /home/b/.cifscredentials. Do you know of any
example that does this, or something close?

Thanks!

Koen