Re: Hostap PCMCIA driver problem

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:14:24 +0100
Jaime Martin Jimenez <jaime.martin@uc3m.es> wrote:

> Chris Bannister wrote:
> > If you are running a 2.6 kernel have you got pcmciautils installed?
> >
> Yes, but it doesn't work. The problem is hostap_cs module is not
> assigned to the PCMCIA wireless socket (or slot).
>
> I have found other people with hostap_cs in Debian and Ubuntu
> recently:
>
> http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2006-October/014433.html

I have filed bugs against both kernel and udev for my issues:

If your symptoms are significantly different, I would suggest you do the same. A while back someone (on hostap@shmoo.com, I think?) asked if ANYONE had a working hostap_cs in Debian, and the silence was deafening. Does anyone hear have hostap_cs working with kernel 2.6/pcmciautils/udev?

I didn't get anything useful from posting on hostap@shmoo.com except some feedback that lead me suspect udev instead of the kernel, and thus the second bug report.

Clayton
--
http://www.langex.net/