Problem configuring WLAN on Dell Inspiron E1505

Hi All

I am a new Debian User. Switched coz of recommendation for Debian.

I am unable to configure my new Dell Laptop Inspiron E1505 for wireless connectivity.
It contains a Dell 1390 wireless card. This is what I have tried:

Installed ndiswrapper
Downloaded windows driver for Dell 1390 wireless card
Run ndiswrapper -i bcmw15.inf
ndiswrapper -m
modprobe ndiswrapper

When I run iwconfig I still do not see any wlan interfaces :-(

I tried installing the latest sources of ndiswrapper and the kernel headers for my kernel image, but then after I try "modprobe ndiswrapper" I get the error "ndiswrapper.ko is not a valid format"

Is there a how-to on some steps which I can use to configure my wireless connection please? I would be highly grateful if someone can point the steps out.

- Adhyas

Several things are harder to put up with..........
.........Than the annoyance of a good example
- Mark Twain

Adhyas Avasthi
Ph. - (0)-9928490175
ME-CS, Room No. 236, AK Bhavan