Re: losing mails

On 7/21/06, Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

To OP: This is not laptop specific. You might have better asked at
debian-user.

I'm asking this to know how the laptop users handle mails. Surely most
people will having multiple accounts and fetching mails to the laptop.

You can set up thunderbird to send mail via any well behaved external
mail server (incl. authentification, encryption, etc.). Look at 'account
settings', 'outgoing server (SMTP)'. You can even set up mutliple
incomming/outgoing servers.

Heh!! I think I forgot to mention that I don't have a smtp server.
That's the reason I was running postfix on my laptop. The bad part is
that mails from my go tagged as spam because Reverse DNS entries don't
match.

I think this discussion won't make much outcome because most people
either use foreign POP3/SMTP or they don't own a domain. I should
rather look for a mail service provider.

Anyway, thanks to everyone. :-)

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf