Re: gpg key management

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 10:26:45PM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 July 2006 19:43, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> > OoO En ce doux début de  matinée du mardi 18 juillet 2006, vers 08:15,
> >
> > "Ritesh Raj Sarraf" <rrs@researchut.com> disait:
> > > I tried Unison for data synchronization but that won't help for
> > > passwords and gpg keys.
> >
> > Why  ? I  keep my  .gnupg directory  in sync  with unison  without any
> > problem.
>
> How do you tackle when you added a key at Machine A and then another key at
> Machine B ?

gpg --armor --export > file
on one machine and
gpg --import < file
on the other. Do this in both directions.

If you want to remove keys you will have to do that manually on all
machines.
Depending on the keying size this may take quite some time. You could
compare the out of
gpg --list-keys | grep '^pub' | sed -e 's,^pub.*/,,' | sed -e 's, .*$,,' | sort
or something like that to figure out which subset of keys has to be
exported.

michael