Re: dell d620

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 17:14:07 +0000, zlatozar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to install debian3.1r2 on my new laptop "dell d620" without
> success. The problem is the network card.
> It is "Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5752 Gigabit Ethernet PCI
> Express" and as understand when installer ask me about driver/module I
> have to pass "tg3" (included in the 2.6 kernel). But Debian still can't
> recognise my network card....
> Is there some workaround? May be I have to add some argumetns for that
> mudule. Please advice.

I think the kernel that comes with the standard Debian Sarge installer
(2.6.8) is too old to support your Broadcom card. You could try Kenshi
Muto's customized Debian Sarge installer which includes a backported
version of a newer kernel (2.6.15):

http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

Your card is supported "out of the box" by the 2.6.15 kernel as far as I
know.

--
Regards,
          Florian