Re: Wifi & usbmouse: From Sarge to Etch

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> A core-pointer error is an X configuration
> problem; removing udev is therefore most likely not a good way to deal
> with it.
I'm not saying that it's the perfect solution, but with udev
installed i couldn't modprobe psmouse and etc. And all i could find
that helped was replacing udev. My usbmouse is workng now, though
only with hotplug installed.

> Where did you put the firmware? If the firmware is on your system and it is
> not loaded: That might be caused by the fact that udev is missing.

My firmware is placed in "/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/" and has worked
under Sarge. I could remove the old firmware and module and install
a newer version. But if that doesn't worked I'll get two things to
troubleshoot on. The new driver/firmware and udev, but again i'm
running out of ideas, so i have to try something. :-)

Thank you for your input.

/Lars