Re: usb mass storage -> which fs

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

>> On a side note, does anybody have any recommendations on how-to spin
>> down the hdd (as a user) prior to disconnecting it?
>

> Well, I usually just unmount my usb disk and unplug it. It spins down
> alone, once it's off power. Is there something wrong with this?
>
> Johannes

Usually the harddrive is parked prior to the power being turned off.
When I umount the harddrive it is still spinning, when I turn off the
power switch the drive comes to a screaching halt. I'd rather that the
drive parks first, then I can safely turn off the power.

I'll have to look into hdparm and see if I can whip up some sort of
script or configuration that works.

Stefan