wpasupplicant dhcp ifplugd

Hello,

although I have read a lot of tips in the lists and the bug-tracking
system of wpasupplicant, concerning the "update", which renamed my
config file and removed the init script, I did not manage to get my wlan
working again.

My configuration:
IBM Thinkpad R52 -> ipw2200 driver, version 1.0.8
Kernel-Version: 2.6.15
ifplugd

My old (working until the update) wpa_supplicant.conf:

# Minimal /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf to associate with open
#  access points. Please see
#  /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf.gz for more complete
#  configuration parameters.

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0

ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1

### Associate with any open access point
###  Scans/ESSID changes can be done with wpa_cli
network={
        ssid="PENTHOUSE"
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        proto=WPA
        pairwise=TKIP
        psk="My very secret passphrase"
        group=TKIP
}

Now, I tried to reconfigure my system, following the documentation in
/usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant via /etc/network/interfaces, which looks
like this:

# The loopback network interface

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# ifplugd brings up interfaces, so do not bring them up at startup.
noauto eth0 eth1

# Both Ethernet and Wifi interfaces are managed automatically
mapping eth0
        script guessnet-ifupdown
        map default: foreign
        map timeout: 3
        map verbose: true

mapping eth1
        script guessnet-ifupdown
        map default: wpa
        map timeout: 3
        map verbose: true

iface foreign inet dhcp

iface wpa inet dhcp
        wpa-driver wext
        wpa-ssid PENTHOUSE
        wpa-key-mgmt WPA-PSK
        wpa-passphrase "Again the secrect phrase"
        wireless-mode Managed

Now from the time I am booting I hear the beeping of the ifplug-daemon
up/down/up/down ....

wavmon says, that the access-point is there, but:

encryption: n/a

When I started wpa_cli -i eth1, it said:

Trying to associate with 00:0f:3d:e0:c7:d3 (SSID='PENTHOUSE' freq=0 MHz)
<2>Associated with 00:0f:3d:e0:c7:d3
<2>WPA: 4-Way Handshake failed - pre-shared key may be incorrect
<2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
<2>CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

Can someone do anything with this messages?
Winfried