Re: Thinkpad R52 dvd

hi

no i didn't have udf in /etc/fstab for that drive.

i added it and it sadly made no difference. my desktop pc which is a
similar debian setup (minus the laptop bits) plays them with no issue
and i have the same packages install.

i did notice that /etc/mtab after inserting a dvd shows the drive
mounted as udf so it was kinda doing that anyway. i also noticed that my
dekstop machine did not have a dvd drive entry in fstab at all. i
commented the drive out on the laptop and as before it auto mounted as
udf and all looked good but totem still complains that libdvdcss isn't
there and the dvd is encrypted. i'm stumped!!!

the /etc/mtab entry looks like:
/dev/scd0 /media/AU_109961 udf
ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=007 0 0

thanks

Takis