Re: ACPI: which modules to unload prior to suspend to ram?

Declan Mullen wrote:
Hi,

Sometimes my notebook fails to resume from a suspend to ram. Maybe it
is because I have kernel modules loaded that don't support suspend
reliably. Which modules do you suggest that I unload before
suspending ? Below, I've included the list of loaded modules as
reported by "lsmod".

My system is a Dell Inspiron 8100 (with ATI graphics) running Mepis
3.4-3 (with a 2.6.15 kernel). I do my ACPI suspend to ram from the F1
 console while KDE is running on F7. I've disabled DRI in the
"/etc/X11/xorg.conf". I'm using "acpid" (version 1.0.4) which I've
configured to call hibernate (version 1.12) to do the ACPI suspend 3.
When the resume does fail, the F1 console remains blank and the
system totally locked up.

Sometimes the problem with the blank console after suspend-to-ram can be
solved by installing the package "vbetool" and activating the related
option in hibernate.conf.

Regards,
          Florian