Install problem - Toshiba atellite 335CDT

Hi,

I am attempting to install debian linux on the Toshiba satellite 335 CT.

I have in the past been able to sucessfully install Fedora Cre 3, and have used some knoppix dists from CD as well as Damn Small Linux.

However,

When I attempt torun the  Debian Net Install from CD, The CD boots and the install starts, however during the "Detecting Hardware to find CD-ROM Drives" phase, the detection hangs at 2% with the message

An that's it... Ive tried several of the command line options to no avaial, and have done some google searches to try and determine what the problem might be.

If anyone can provide some help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks !
Joe SImon
Newark Valley, NY

Yahoo! Mail