ALSA Problem

Dear Fellows,
I'm a newbie in linux, specially in the debian distribution, and I'm having a problem with the sound system in my Toshiba A70-S249 lap-top. The problem is that every time I start my system I get this following message:

"starting ALSA  (not loaded)"

Then, when I get into the KDE invironment I get the following message:

"Sound Server Informational Message
Error while initializing  the sound driver:
device/dev/dsp can't be opened (No such file or directory)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device."

Does anyone could help me saying what is happening?

[]'s