Re: X windows hang (green screen) when upgraded from A03 to A08 BIOS on Dell Latitude D400.

On 2/19/06, Andrei Popescu <andreimp@rdslink.ro> wrote:
> > I upgraded from A03 to A08 BIOS for Dell Latitude D400, which runs
> > Debian sarge. Now, when it boots, I get a complete green screen. This
> > seems to be caused because of the BIOS upgrade, as with A03 things
> > were fine.
> Do you get it in console or X? Do you have framebuffer enabled? What kernel are you using?

I got it in X. The machine boots into KDE by default. I am not sure of
framebuffer, but I think I *do* have it enabled. I am using stock
2.6.8-2-386 kernel.

I tried searching Google for the way to check framebuffer, or to
disable it - but it has left me confused. I am using XFree86 for
display.

How do I check for the framebuffer, or a way to disable it? Thanks!

Best,
Amarendra