Re: X windows hang (green screen) when upgraded from A03 to A08 BIOS on Dell Latitude D400.

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:20:21 +0530
"Amarendra Godbole" <amarendra.godbole@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I upgraded from A03 to A08 BIOS for Dell Latitude D400, which runs
> Debian sarge. Now, when it boots, I get a complete green screen. This
> seems to be caused because of the BIOS upgrade, as with A03 things
> were fine.
>
> It would be great if someone can help me fix this. Thanks very much in advance!
>
> Best,
> Amarendra
> INDIA.

Do you get it in console or X? Do you have framebuffer enabled? What kernel are you using?

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)