Re: Software Suspend on kernels greater than 2.6.12 don't work

itesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Hello People,
>
> I have a laptop with / and swap on LVM.
> I have been using custom compiled kernel from Debian sources because
> Debian doesn't have a kernel for laptops.
>
> Here's my problem:
> On kernels greater than 2.6.12, Software Suspend "swsusp" (in-line
> kernel) doesn't work. It initiates the suspend and then fails saying
> that it doesn't find the swap device. I've checked it with every
> version above 2.6.12 i.e. .13, .14 and .15.
> All have the same problem.
> If I try to use initramfs to generate the initrd image, the kernel
> doesn't boot. So I use yaird. Do it have to do with the initrd image ?
> But the 2.6.12 kernel's initrd image has been generated with initramfs
> and that works perfectly fine.
>
> Have other people found similar issue ? How can I fix it ?

Using a ThinkPad-T42 and Deb-Sid and its supplied kernels I have the same problem: 'Can't find swap device'

I used SUSE-9.3 and 10.0 for a month or so until DebSid supported the internal-wireless-2200. SUSE supports suspend to ram and disk. But now I'm back to my favorite Deb-test and Deb-sid. I still miss swsusp but laptop is almost always plugged in anyway so susp>ram is ok.